View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 09:57 AM

W126 A/C questions/problems

My car got in a wreck awhile ago i had to replace the grille,radiator,condenser.It sat apart for awhile(6 months) and im just getting back to it putting together and wanting to charge the A/C. The lines for the A/C were open for the 6 months but i taped the ends not sure if that matters.

My first question is im not sure where my high pressure side valve is as i think the new condenser is a different layout and the only obvious place is not the right fitting maybe i just need to buy an adapter for it. I will attach pictures below

I have tried to do as much research as possible on how the process should go im more here to double check my process and get advice. I know i can take it to a shop and have this all done i enjoy trying to learn to do it myself if necessary i will take it in.

Im also not sure if this is all necessary after disconnecting the condenser or if i should just be able to add some oil/134A(pretty sure its been converted as the low pressure side has an adapter and blue cap) and be good to go. I have also read that i will most likely need a new dryer as the system was exposed to the air?

-Remove compressor drain oil
-Flush system. Do i need to take each line apart and flush everything separate or can i just flush the system as a whole?
-Install compressor with recommended amount of oil added(does oil need to be added anywhere else besides compressor)
-?Add new dryer in? before or after vacuum system
-Vacuum system
-Recharge system

Im sure there are questions i forgot to ask so i may bump/edit later with more but any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated

Edit:explanation of pictures
1:That is the fitting T'd off the main line going into the condenser from the compressor which im assuming is my high pressure valve. The other line going down and then 90's goes to the dryer
2:The compressor tag could not get a good picture can get numbers off it if needed i was wondering how much oil that model needed
3:Main line going into condenser from compressor(high pressure right?)
4:A cap on the compressor im not sure what it is but figured i would add a picture in case that was the high pressure valve
5:Low pressure hose returning to compressor
Attached Thumbnails
W126 A/C questions/problems-img_20200109_091501.jpg   W126 A/C questions/problems-img_20200109_092027.jpg   W126 A/C questions/problems-img_20200109_092135.jpg   W126 A/C questions/problems-img_20200109_092225.jpg   W126 A/C questions/problems-img_20200109_092254.jpg