Thread: 1983 300TD
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:53 PM

1983 300TD

Hello Everyone,
I have a 1983 300TD I picked up last summer.
It was supposed to be an easy project, (bad trans) turned out to have a bad engine! I decided to not give up, I bought another wagon with a good motor. I removed and re-sealed this motor. Many parts were ultrasonic cleaned! I had bought a core trans ahead in anticipation and had my trans shop go through it. I ended up installing new: oil cooler lines, timing chain,Valve cover gasket, water pump, thermostat, radiator, atf cooler hoses, All new coolant hoses, engine mounts, trans mount, engine dampener mounts, engine dampeners,belts, R-134a compressor, fuel lines, fuel filters, hood liner, plus more I’m sure. The car starts right up, idles great! I need to install a lower ball joint, idler arm bushing, new brakes including calipers, and rear subframe mounts. Or perhaps the new owner can. I have found a property I want to buy that has horrible in paved roads I want to buy. I am worried that it will destroy this pretty car. Looking for offers on this car. Please email at :fisbos1@yahoo.com with your contact info. I will call you and answer any questions. And also happy to text pics. I have a clean OR title for this car. Not expecting top dollar, expecting a fair offer and a promise to give it a good home!

Thank you,
Jason