View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 12:10 PM

Got under car this morning — NOT a small crack, but a long crack from bottom of pan winding to almost the top on drivers side.

While cleaning oil pan, noticed a couple things:

1)Transmission fluid had leaked from transmission pan and sprayed pretty significantly over the rear portion of exhaust (which looks in great condition). I assume this was from the tow trip home.

2)should’ve expected the next thing, lower radiator support pushed back a good bit, so much that shroud was pinned against a couple pulleys. Managed to get the piece pinned against the pulleys and belt out and there is no belt, fan, or pulley interference with each other now. It is still tight though, with clearance amount I am not comfortable with.

Thinking about giving up, but decide to go ahead and JB Weld crack, a cover that with several layers of duct tape.

Put 7-8 liters of oil in. Drop it off the jack. A tiny drip of oil from pan, not surprising, and fire it up. Sounded incredible. M104 idle was steady, no strange noises, etc.

Jumped in put in reverse (engaged instantaneously) backed out, threw in drive and took off. Shifts were crisp, but not hard. Pulled out of my little neighborhood, and gunned it.....took off, car felt really great, then oil light came on, turned around and went home.

Oil was coming out at a pretty good clip, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Oil pan will obviously need to be replaced.

I assume I will be ok pulling the lower radiator support back out. No damage or leaks that I can see other than radiator support and oil pan.

Still on the fence about whether or not to go forward with trying to save it, or just gut it as I was originally planning to.