View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminum View Post
Been a long time since I have done that >. Just where is the Bolt as I remember you must remove to get the Lock / Ignition switch out .

Or did you just unscrew the back of the Ignition switch and just change that part only

I remember its hard to find or the like ?

Thanks Glad I was able to help
The hardest thing for me to do was get to the knurled nut behind the cluster and disconnect the speedo cable from behind and under the dash since I didn't have much room to disconnect it when pulling the cluster out towards me. And I didn't have to remove the temp or oil pressure lines either which I was worried about. Putting both of those back was a pain as well, haha. I also replaced the ignition switch with a new OEM one for preventative maintenance.

The 10mm bolt is on small round bracket that holds steering lock and threads from behind which I was able to loosen with a regular small ratchet. Once removing the 10mm bolt, I unplugged the ignition switch harness from the ignition switch on steering the lock and used a small mirror (similar to what a dentist uses) to see the small pin that needs to get pressed in order for the steering lock to slide out from the round bracket that holds it. I also had to disconnect the black plug from the steering lock for the open door buzzer.

Thanks again for all your help!