View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson88 View Post
Restoring paint is way more simple than removing humps where pinstripes were. Meguiare's is fine but it's not going to make removing those humps simple, quick or easy and it's not going to protect the area around the humps.

I don't think this is a process which a beginner could master without help. You should seek professional advice, imo. I would. I'm fairly good with a buffer but this project would cause me nerve issues.

I would definitely find the best body man in the county and have him examine the problem. The more I consider this the more difficult and challenging it seems.

I have the luxury of a donor car to try new processes for experience. I spend extra time talking to people at Finishmasters and the other top auto paint suppliers here in town.

After talking to people you kinda get the feel for who is dependable for advice and who is just trying to sell you snake oil.
No, no, no, that's not what I want you to tell me. I want you to tell me I can handle by myself and that it will all work out okay. Ha ha! Which Meguiare's product do you recommend if I foolishly decide to try it myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednjay View Post
Light sand.. wet sand then polish over the problem area.
If I do try this... should I use 3000 grit?