View Single Post
Old 09-10-2000, 10:32 PM
stevebfl stevebfl is offline
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Gainesville FL
Posts: 6,844
The one with the knob was usually the radio fuse. A white (8amp) is suitable here. Many of the fuses were red because they powered motors (16amp). They power the window motors, the blower motor, and possibly the aux cooling fan.

All the wiring will take 16amps so I wouldn't worry. These fuses often corrode because they are sorta outdoors so to speak. The corrosion causes poor contact (high resistance) which causes the heat that melts them down. A short circuit takes out the fuse first.

BTW the 25amp fuses are blue.
Reply With Quote