View Single Post
  #1  
Old 09-05-2000, 04:49 PM
JohninFla JohninFla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 199
For information...my local MB shop informed me of a potential hazard. The area in my 560SEL under the master cylinder is a great place to collect leaves and pine needles. Unfortunately, there is a resistor in there which produces heat. The shop had a car similar to mine, having the master cylinder and the surrounding wiring replaced after the leaves caught fire. Luckily for the owner, a trucker saw and stopped, packing a fire extinguisher.
I cleaned that area out on mine using a shop vac with some PVC pipe taped to the end. Worked fine. Also hit the area under the battery.

------------------
1989 560SEL
1971 Cutlass convt. (sold)
1978 Olds Toronado (sold)
the rest are boring
Reply With Quote