View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 02:29 PM

W124 facelift fenders/hood on pre-facelift model?

The hood and front fenders on my 1987 300TD are pretty rough with both dents and failed clear coat. I have access to a good condition 1995 E420 parts car and am hoping to get a few definitive answers around fender and hood swap (i've searched through a lot of threads but haven't found the definitive answers I'm looking for)

Hood:

1. Will the facelift hood work with the depot euro lights I currently have installed, or do I need to install the stock 95 headlights from the parts car. I know the hood will not work with the pre-facelift headlights, but I'm not sure about the aftermarket depot brand euro lights?

2. Will the facelift hood work with pre-facelift fenders if I only swap the hoods? Has anyone done this and how does it look if just the hood is changed on a pre-facelift model?

Fenders:

1. The 95 fenders have the lower facelift cladding but I do not plan to update the whole vehicle with the cladding. How hard is it to remove the cladding from the facelift fenders? Will removing the cladding leave a bunch of visible holes that need to be filled (or are they covered by the pre-facelift trim piece?)

2. Do the 95 fenders work with the pre-facelift front bumper?

thanks!