View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 10:54 PM

86 300E ACC PROBLEM

J.HIDALGO

I TOOK YOUR ADVISE AND DID A SEARCH OF PAST PROBLEMS AND I CAME ACROSSED A POSTING BY "YOU" (OF 03-10-2003) IN WHICH YOU HAD ABOUT THE SAME PROBLEM, I PRINTED ALL THE PAGES AND REPLIES BETWEEN YOU AND "STEVE BROTHERTON"....I WAITED A DAY OR SO AND NO ONE ELSE POSTED ON MY PROBLEM, SO I SENT AN E-MAIL TO "STEVE" AND HE GOT ME STARTED...FIRST I NEEDED TO DECIDE IF IT WAS THE "PBC UNIT" OR MAYBE THE "KLIMA RELAY"....DID A VOLTAGE CK AT BOTH SIDES OF THE LOWER PRESSURE SWITCH AND BOTH W/ THE A/C OFF AND THE A/C ON.....MY RESULTS WERE 12V ON BOTH SIDES OF THE PRESSURE SWITCH AND 12V FOR BOTH A/C OFF AND A/C ON.....STEVE SAID TO CK FOR A "SENSOR" PROBLEM...I HAD ALREADY CK'ED THE SENSORS AND HAD COME UP W/ OPEN CIRCUITS ON BOTH THE B-13 COOLANT SENSOR AND THE B10/6 EVAP SENSOR....I WENT BACK TO THE 2 SENSORS AND ON THE EVAP SENSOR I TOOK IT OUT AND RECK'ED IT W/OUT THE WIRING AND IT WAS OK...THEN I CK'ED THE WIRING AND IT WAS OK...SOOO I PUT THE EVAP SENSOR CIRCUIT BACK TO GETHER AND REPOSTIONED THE WIRING IN ITS CORRECT PLACE AND EVERYTHING CK'ED OU OK ONCE AGAIN.....HOWEVER THE B-13 COOLANT SENSOR WAS ANOTHER SITUATION....I FINALLY FOUNF THE RIGHT WIRING DIAGRAM....EVEN THOUGHT MY 86 300E HAS A PRODUCTION DATE OF 10/85...MY WIRING SYSTEM FOR THE ACC IS FOR THE 124.030 STANDARD VERSION UP TO JULY 1985....THAT SHOWS A B-13, 1 POST COOLANT SENSOR...THE GROUND IS ACHIEVED BY THE BASE OF THE SENSOR IN THE ENGINE....I CK'ED THE SENSOR AND WIRING TOGETHER AND GOT CONTINUITY...BUT MY JOY WAS SHORT LIVED, BECAUSE I THEN DISCONNECTED THE WIRING FROM THE SENSOR AND ALTHOUGH THE B-13 SENSOR CK'ED OUT OK THE WIRE THAT SHOULD HAVE SHOWN AN OPEN STILL SHOWED CONTINUITY....I HAD A SHORT???...I CK'ED ALL THE OTHER WIRES IN THE SAME BUNDLE IN THE THOUGH THAT I MIGHT GET A READING AND I DID THE FOR THE "HALL'S SENSOR" SEEMED TO BE CROSSING THE AND I COULD READ ABOY 2.5K OHMS....THE COMMON THREAD HERE AS I SEE IT IS THAT BOTH OF THESE CIRCUITS (SENSORS) GO THRU OR COME IN CONTACT W/ THE DASH POD CIRCUIT BOARD......A COUPLE MONTHS AGO I HAD MY KEY INIGTION WAS REPLACED AND ALONG W/THE LIGHT BULBS IN THE DASH POD....NOT I HAVE TO DECIDE IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM WHEN THEY PUT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER OR IF THE IS A PROBLEM W/ THE DASH POD CIRCUIT BOARD OR IF I HAVE COMPLETELY TAKEN A WRONG TURN???......

SO ANY ONE WHO HAS HAD THIS TYPE PROBLEM OR MIGHT HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT TO DO NEXT I WOULD I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT..

THANKS

HANK 86 300E
90 VOLVO 240
90 HONDA ACCORD EX