View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Watching SB LII every day

i have 2 2005 cdi's and a 2005 e500 4matic. none of them are beaters or super nice (but they were all super-cheap!!)....the e500 and one of the cdi's are pretty well optioned and the second cdi is not as well appointed. both cdi's have over 200k and the e500 has 108k.
w211 chassis is decent and i enjoy driving all the cars. started with a w116 and have had every diesel model up the line i would say the cdi is the best diesel i've owned.
good luck with the search!
edit: i strongly recommend the massaging seats!!!!! just took the e500 out and in dynamic mode the seat bolsters hold you in as you corner.....totally cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillytwotank View Post
I hear you. Two things though. One, I’m not looking for a “beater”. I’m wanting an upgrade in comfort. Two, I have access to diesel fuel as part of my work compensation. So, that is definitely a huge factor in my decision.
True, there are plenty of really nice gas powered w211 cars out there. I’m looking at them now and working the numbers on potentially getting one, buying gasoline and still coming out cheeper.

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.

Last edited by Hogweed; 06-27-2020 at 01:20 PM.