View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 01:49 AM
Oo{=|=}oO

For Sale: EURO 1985 300TD that needs some love

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've been on here but my W123 love is still alive and well.

This car has a very, very interesting story.

It is a European market 1985 300TD. (meaning it's a gray market car)

It was purchased with a twin in 1985 and imported to Lopez Island in Washington. It lived most of its life there until it moved to Orcas Island somewhere around 15 years ago.

My best friend lives on Orcas Island and bought this car in 2017 and we got it running as a daily driver. I purchased it last year and brought it to Oregon. I used the wagon as a dog hauler, grocery getter, etc until a friend down here took a shining to it and asked to purchase it from me.

Fast forward to January. I get a call from the friend I sold the car to saying he crashed it. He bought it back from insurance and I subsequently ended up with the car again as was the original agreement when I sold it to him.

I don't have the time to repair this poor thing. Now for the real details:

It is a 1985 300TD Euro market car...that means:

Non-turbo OM617
722.3 trans
crank windows, no sunroof, cloth seats, minimal options
SLS works very well

The car runs very well. The crash didn't damage the frame or any suspension parts. This is a sheet metal repair. It has always run fantastic and has great power for a non-turbo. The car has a little bit of rust from living in the islands but nothing structural.

It runs great but does have a broken oil cooler. It could be driven away from here with a new oil cooler and some bent sheet metal removal.

I'm looking for someone who wants to spend the time to repair this car and enjoy driving a rare 300 wagon.

The re-homing fee is $300. I have an Oregon totaled title for the car which can be turned into a normal salvage title after reconstruction.

The car is located in Independence, Oregon 97351

Please call/text me at 503.932.9622 - I won't be checking messages on here often.
Attached Thumbnails
For Sale: EURO 1985 300TD that needs some love-front.jpg   For Sale: EURO 1985 300TD that needs some love-side.jpg   For Sale: EURO 1985 300TD that needs some love-front-int.jpg   For Sale: EURO 1985 300TD that needs some love-rear-int.jpg