View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 12:53 AM

W124 300D mild buildup/daily

I'm new to the forums here, I used to own a W123 300D and sold it about 2 years ago now just about. But I have recently acquired an '87 300D with 180k miles, and i'd like to make it a fun daily/toy. It does have a #14 head on it, currently with no issues and no green coolant (coolant actually looks, smells, etc quite fresh (blue coolant btw)) and i'd like to make around 200-250, maybe 275hp. in the future i might look into going north of 300 but probably not anytime soon and maybe not even with an OM603.

anyways, looking to get a 6mm pump from DieselPumpUK and am wondering what the stock turbo is good for power wise and if not adequate for my goals, what a relatively easy replacement would be? (HX30? HX35?) not too worried about my #14 head, i can be easy on it, i plan on taking good care of it, don't really wanna convert to angled injectors... plus i can't find any #17+ heads anywhere so...

sorry for the long post, couldn't really find exactly what i was looking for in my searches so... Thanks