View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 04:22 PM

Thoughts on saving Euro 300d deer collision

I bought the car in question a few years ago with my then-girlfriend. I did a lot of fixing the car up, eventually, she decided she hated driving the car. I ended up selling the car to a friend of mine who lives in the same town as me. I was at the gym, today, when he informed me he hit a deer with the car.

I went and checked it out in person:

He was going about 50 mph and hit the deer straight on. While the damage looks bad, up close its not horrible. The euro bumper is unscathed and the fenders sustained no damage.

When examining the car I concluded it needs:

Hood
Grill and insert
Radiator
Probably a water pump and radiator fan, the impact pushed back hard into the front of the engine.
Aux fan, although ac is not working anyways
Oil cooler looks a bit mangled, I'd assume need new lines too
Euro headlights, both got completely shattered unfortunately
The core support for the radiator is triangle-shaped now as you can see, probably find one from a donor
The middle piece that connects both fenders

Anyways we can't really get the hood open, one of the corners is about to dig into the fender if we lift up at all so we will most likely have to cut the hood off in pieces. Maybe once the hood is open, there will be more damage who knows.

Overall the car itself is in great shape its a 300d Euro with a turbo mated to a 4 speed swap. The car runs great and it was 250 miles away on a road trip when this happened. Big bummer, but what do you all think? Any thoughts, please comment. I'm trying to help get this car back on the road if I can.