View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 10:38 AM

Bleeding from the RH caliper worked for me. I removed the slave when the clutch began to drag and found the end of the pushrod mushroomed.

You said:

" I opened both bleeders and pumped the brakes."

That won't work. Here's how you bleed:

After installing the new slave I opened the bleed valve about one turn and attached a clear hose that fit snuggly over the valve nipple and attached the other end to the RH caliper nipple.

With a helper working the brake pedal we used the "command and response" method to bleed. I said "push down" and just cracked open the caliper valve and saw fluid slowly moving up the hose to the slave. When the pedal reached the floor he said "bottom". I then closed the valve and said "let up slow". When the pedal reached the top he said "top".

We then repeated the cycle about a dozen times, which I felt was sufficient to fill the system. I then closed the slave valve and tested the clutch, which felt normal, but just to be sure I bleed the slave in the conventional fluid change manner using the same command and response method with me operating the valve and my helper working the clutch pedal and there was no air.

Me: "Push down" then open valve

Helper: "Bottom" - Me: close valve

Me: Let up slow"

Helper:"Up"

Repeat as necessary.

There was a little fluid seepage past the threads, and since brake fluid is water soluble I just used a small spray bottle to wash it off - same as I do with the calipers on a fluid change.

Prior to changing the slave I did a brake fluid change to ensure than the new slave got fresh fluid.

Duke

Last edited by Duke2.6; 10-01-2020 at 10:51 AM.