View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 10:54 PM

Duke, your method makes sense. I tried something similar tonight. I bought an oiler and filled it with brake fluid. I removed the slave bleeder and put teflon tape on the threads. I also removed the MC pushrod from the clutch pedal, but I found out that the travel limit of the pedal is defined by the max stroke of the MC, so it makes no difference. Then I pumped fluid through the system with the oiler. My GF watched the reservoir, seems like there were bubbles at first, but the fluid level wasn't coming up very fast in the reservoir. At some point I blew the hose off the oiler and made a mess.

Then I found out I wasn't opening the bleeder enough! I used a small 9/32 wrench to open the valve maybe 1/2 turn. I tried pumping again and this time it was much easier. There were bubbles coming up in the reservoir so I kept going. At some point, I had to empty the reservoir and fill my oiler again. I kept doing this until I must have passed 300 ml of fluid in the clutch and had to empty the reservoir (only half of it) about 3 times. I Asked the GF to select 1st gear and push the clutch pedal while I was turning the engine by hand. The rear wheels were turning again.

Now I have a feeling the system is really bled. But I still have the same problem. Is it time to pull the transmission? (100$ says I'll find nothing wrong and when I'll put it back together exactly like before it'll work...)