View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 07:21 PM
sixto's Avatar
sixto sixto is offline
smoke gets in your eyes
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 20,126
You need a special license/certification to buy R12 in the US. It's not difficult to get the license. You also need special equipment to charge your system. If you need to top it off, you'll need a gauge set and the specs. If you need to fill it from empty, you'll also need to find and repair leaks, replace the dryer, add the proper oil, evacuate the system, weigh the amount of charge, etc.

91 300SE
87 300SDL
83 300SD
Reply With Quote