View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Diesel Dandy

Thumbs up Cleaned !

O.K., in the end I used the round upholstery brush on my small tank vacuum, this got a whole lot of the sand gone, then I used a clean microfiber towel and then I used another two microfiber towels with Meguiar's # 40 plastic / leather cleaner conditioner ~ this is stuff I discovered early on in my L.A.P.D. career ~ when used properly it cleans and rejuvenates plastic , vinyl and so one to like new status .

This turned out to be an all day cleaning project, the dash looked so good I took the door cards off and cleaned them inside and out and the painted doors, seals and so on too .

Then I got over enthused and unloaded the cab underneath & behind the seats and go out my brushes, I cleaned this truck like it's never been cleaned before, I even raised up the passenger side rubber mat and discovered long ago spilled coffee and some gravel, got that all looking like new and only need to do underneath the driver's side carpet and dismount the driver's seat belt so I can wash all the sweat and grime out of it .

Taking the time to do the little things makes you enjoy your vehicle ever so much more when you're done .

Now I want to hunt up some factory rear speakers and harness', I already sourced a factory CD / cassette player and installed it, in the city that's good anti - theft protection, no one wants the factory sound systems and they play well and sound great .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better