View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Grom

Hi all, I am reporting back with a fix, in case someone ever has a similar issue.

After getting 1-2 of everything from the junkyard (Blower resistor, black blower box, silver temp regulator box, push button unit) I proceeded to swap components in and out in many different configurations with no luck.

Well, to get to the point, I had to refresh the silver temp regulator box, AND the push button unit:

-On the temp regulator box, I replaced the capacitors as well as jumped some rotten traces on the board (thanks Diseasel)

-On the push button unit, I reflowed the solders that connect the main board to the wing boards, but this was not adequate. I then went back, and carefully reflowed every single solder point I could get to AND cleaned it very very well.

A few things should be noted:
-Both pushbutton units I had looked just fine to the naked eye. No bad traces, no cracked solders, but there was still connectivity issues nonetheless.
-The deep cleaning was essential. After soldering, the connections were restored, but resistance was still high. Cleaning helped that tremendously.

Anyway, hope that helps someone else. A functioning automatic climate control is a beautiful thing.