View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 10:03 AM

shifter light

As you can see the wood cover removed just fine. All the window switches I see have their own illumination. To the top right you see the power to the cigarette lighter and the light for the ash tray.

So, now looking at the shifter in the picture, there is a black tube that looks like in the picture it is going straight into the shifter but actually goes up from the bottom where the "P" is marked. I felt this tube / sheath and it is very thin, but I did not feel any wires inside it that might be powering a bulb. I didn't want to tug too hard where it goes in near the "P". My next step would be to take the whole shifter apart and flip it over to see what the bottom looks like to see if I can I find a bulb.

Could it be possible that my 84 300SD does not have an illuminated shifter? The other wires / cables seem to go right past the shifter console to power the window switches.

The center console (with the AC controls etc) I had loose at the bottom, but I was afraid I would break the wood and be heartbroken. It didn't really let go at the top near the vents, and I was getting resistance either pulling out at the bottom or pulling dowm. Is suspect it's not swinging for enough out from the bottom. My stereo has a detachable face so it is clearing the bezel, so I'm not sure if removing the stereo 100% would help much more. Those lights work but are dim compared to my new guage pod lamps.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
The best car in the world - ,000-dsc00117.jpg  
13.6 @ 106mph
10K mi
1984 300SD
260K mi and going and going...
97 S600
46K miles
1991 Sentra SE-R (extremely dorked with)
www.se-r.net