View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 05:02 PM
https://fintail.org

Now that I've caught you up on the progress, I must say that things have been very difficult here. The pandemic has been tough on most of us, but my roommate (whose car this is) had congestive heart failure and has been struggling with his health. Very scary.

My own well-being has deteriorated, as well. I've been struggling with a sleeping disorder which cost me my career, and I haven't had a job in 4 years. It's gotten worse to the point where I could barely function and couldn't seem to be awake for more than 4 hours at a time.

I've also developed swollen lymph nodes (one the size of a golf ball), lost weight, and have constant headaches and nausea. The doctor thinks I have lymphoma (blood cancer). I'm also constantly getting hemiplegic migraines, which are essentially strokes. I lose my vision and one side of my body goes numb, including my face, and I lose my ability to understand speech.

At this point I feel almost completely disabled and have to rest most of the time. I have no appetite, either. Despite this, I'm trying to do what I'm able.

Here, in February, despite all the efforts I've made to try to fix the air conditioning system, the auxiliary fans were STILL acting up and coming on when they weren't supposed to!

I found it to be a faulty temperature sensor located on the upper radiator hose fitting (wiggling the pins showed a broken internal connection). The plastic connector was also broken off of the wires.

Of course, as soon as I took the first step to make the car undriveable (partially draining the coolant), I started losing my vision and getting a migraine. So, I had to shut it all down and take a nap. Working on cars is a real struggle now. I'm just not well enough to do it. I feel awful and my bones and joints even ache.

When I got back out there, I removed the old temperature sensor. The threads were very corroded and needed cleaning with a wire brush.

A brand new Behr sensor.

I put on a new plastic connector. Hopefully this fixes the auxiliary fan malfunction for good!
Attached Thumbnails
GregMN's 1991 W126 350SDL Has A New Home-1991350sdl390.jpg   GregMN's 1991 W126 350SDL Has A New Home-1991350sdl392.jpg   GregMN's 1991 W126 350SDL Has A New Home-1991350sdl393.jpg   GregMN's 1991 W126 350SDL Has A New Home-1991350sdl394.jpg  

DON'T MESS WITH MY MERCEDES!

1967 W110 Universal Wagon, Euro, Turbo Diesel, Tail Fins, 4 Speed Manual Column Shift, A/C
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel, DB479 Walnut Brown, Sunroof, Highly Optioned, 350,000+ Miles

Last edited by Squiggle Dog; 02-25-2021 at 06:21 PM.