View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 09:14 AM

Thanks, Jim. My 16 year old son just got his license so he is driving my 84 300D (which is in tip top driving shape although some rust in the wheel well is begining to start) that I bought 2 years ago. Originally I was looking for a 90's 2.5 Turbo but they seem to be priced at $10K+ with high mileage. The 96-97 non-turbos were $15K+ so I resorted to finding a low mileage gas E. I wanted the 94-95 year because that's when MB increased the displacement from 3 to 3.2 liters, changed the moniker to E320 from 300E, updated the grill to be more like the S-class sleeker grill, updated to eurolights and added the chrome tunk handle also like the S-class. I really like the Coupe version but they were priced $10K+. So I got lucky paying only $7500 for this baby with 79K miles, Carfax verified. Good luck on your search but with prices where they are, I believe the gas models are a better buy than the diesels nowadays. With the 94-5 models, they are new enough that you won't have to deal with water leaks, sagging seat cushions, worn rubber seals- in short, the car feels like it is new and is probably good for another 200K miles!