View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 12:28 PM

Thanks for all your input. Cooling is still holding well, but I'm sure I'll need to degrease again. I just didn't get enough of the old coolant out before I put in the degreaser.

The problem was when I flushed the "green stuff" out, I didn't remove the thermostat. I flushed by continually draining the radiator and filling with fresh water. It says RIGHT THERE in the CD-ROM manual to take the thermostat out--DOH!!!!

I'll repeat this in a month or so. With all that oil, I probably should replace the rubber hoses. Maybe the oil was what damaged the thermostat anyway. The new one is working like a champ.

P.S. I've tested the aux fan and it is working OK. The problem is the electromagnetic clutch for the engine driven fan. I can't get it to engage and it is burning fuses. It seems like the thermo switch is switching OK, though I haven't taken it out and put it in a hot glass of water yet.

I may need to do some more troubleshooting with this one. It is possible that there is a grounding issue that is causing a voltage drop.

Sholin