View Single Post
Old 09-15-2000, 05:47 PM

What I meant was that the economy can swing on a dime due to what is happening around the world, i.e, wars, interest rates, currency crisis, Opec, asia, Brazil, etc. Everything ties together. No one know what direction any currency will swing 100% , then everyone would be trading currency.

Ford owns Jaguar and Volvo. Has this occured with buying them too? What proof is there that MB is withholding cars due to the falling Mark? Is this a fact or a hunch - just wondering. If the price is set, the price is set (in dollars). If, and I mean if, the Mark strengthened, would MBUSA raise the price, or would they be honorable and keep the price set? Isn't this negotiable? Currency can flucuate as much as 35% daily (ask Thailand), so it is slightly impractical to float the price on a weekly basis. A 10% swing is not that much. Like I said, it could swing the other way and we would gripe about that if it went up. It works both ways. The people who buy new during a strong dollar get screwed while the weak dollar buyers get a bargain. It is all timing and luck, unless I am wrong and Chrysler really has a scheme going.

As for a manual MB, that is very good question. Why are there little to no manual MB trannies in the US? What is MB afraid of?

What model Benz did you buy in '96 that would up to be a lemon?

'89 420 SEL
'90 300 SEL
'68 Olds 88 Convertible
'84 300 SD (sold it)