View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
A 240d in many ways is my favorite car. Plus well suited to our low traffic density area. Especially the secondary roads.

At the same time in some driving enviroments it may lack too much for safe operation.

Some also seem to be too noisey at todays highway speeds compared to others. This can be bothersome.

As already mentioned. Any new to you example will usually benifit from doing service on it. You need or want every last horespowere that it is capable of producing.

Your pedal will be on the floor a fair percentage of the time in comparison to cars with far more power. Personally I feel the manual transmissions are both far more reliable and help you drive the car. As you definatly have to drive them I find. That may be part of their attraction.

Yes the 240D with the 3.69 rear end is noisy at freeway speeds which is why I swapped a 3.07 into mine last winter. Now very quiet at 65-70 and top speed is now over 90. A little slower on acceleration of course, about like an automatic. Economy went up about 2 mpg. easy swap and worth doing.