380sl center vents not working. Yes, this is a common problem
After operating the A/C I realized the center vents do not function on my 1985 380sl.
Did a search on this subject and found it to be a common problem. Unfortunately, the info is mostly for other models.
What I have learned is the following:
- The vents are operated by vacuum via an actuator.
- The defrost vents and center dash vents may be related in operation...each with there own actuator.
- The actuators can be labor intensive to get to. But I don't know where they are on the 380sl.
- Actuators can be expensive, however, if the diaphram is the culprit thre are sources to buy this part seperately.
- Problem may also be vacuum supply to the actuator(s).
-Can anyone direct me to the location of the center vent and/or defrost actuator and perhaps an idea of how to get to it?
-Any other obvious components to consider?
-Is there a vacuum diagram available on the net?
Any and all help is appreciated!
'85 380 SL (sold)
'85 Carrera Flatnose
'71 280 SL Signal Red/Cognac