View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by sixto

...There might be a way to fashion a squirter like a pitot tube so it sprays with the airflow rather than across the airflow. But maybe spraying across the airflow is better for mixing.
Check out:....

Pitot tube? Don't know the name but I think I get your drift. Cool idea if I'm thinking right. Basically just a tube that protrudes into the port some and curves in direction of air flow. Think Pitot tube, like a tube you put on the end of your WD40 can right?

I think your second thought is right though. It should vaporize better and maybe get distributed better injected perpendicular to the flow of air.

Both injectors comming to me are greater than the turbo boost.
"If anyone knows other lessons I need to learn, please tell me. I'm tired of learning them the hard way".
by JerryBro

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels