View Single Post
Old 06-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Statman

No Sound from CD or XM. FM OK.

folks,

I just installed an Alpine CDA-9815. I made my own adapter using the alpine adapter and an M-Class adapter. I had the pinout information for both the radio and the car's current harness, so making it was not to difficult. Also, I soldered and shrink tubed all my connections.

Here is the problem. When I turn on the radio, the power antenna comes up and music plays fine. When I put in a CD or I put the Radio on XM preview channel, the power antenna goes down (as expected) but I get no sound.

I did not bypass the factory amps, so I'm guessing that somehow the amps are not getting powered in those 2 modes.

Also, the radio has a "remote turn-on" wire which I did not use. Could this be the problem? The wiring diagram show that the amps are powered directly from the "fuse and relay box" via the "sound system feed connector (amplifier - circuit 30)", so I didn't think that this wire would be needed. If needed, where do I hook it up to?

Could it be that mercedes is using the antenna wire to power the amps? The reason I ask is because with the original mercedes, the antenna stayed up in all modes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by wjm; 06-15-2003 at 12:03 PM.