View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 12:35 PM

Being that you have to be under the car it’s best to have a good set of car ramps on this job , utilizing the crank as your turning point since you have to visually watch for the drain plug as you turn the motor , on this occasion if you are doing it by yourself it’s best to use the crank bolt to turn things. I like to have my catch can ready , then just go at the drain plug , let it drain , then rebolt the plug . Tackle the pan and filter after , the key part of this service is make sure your gasket is seated properly on the pan before wrenching it on the transmission . The 6 bolts To put the pan back on it’s important you don’t over torque . You can damage the pan and it’s seating by over tightening these bolts . So much so that you will need a new one . Use a smaller watchet , then snug each bolt only , then start with one half revolution on each bolt in a followed sequence of pattern .I own 5 cars , 2 of them as daily’s , once a year they get the service ,keeps the fleet well in check .