Thread: Foster Children
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 02:44 PM
Diesel Dandy

Post Sunday Morning

O.K., it's late Sunday morning (nearly noon), I was up paying bills around sunup when Demarkis came in and said good morning, I asked him if he wanted to take a ride to fill up the 240D and get some coffee, he said yes and quickly changed into street clothes, as we drove he brought me up to date on his life, school, random things like saying "did you know that saying 12" means the police (? eh ?) and then said 'I have a taste for pancakes this morning' ~ I asked him if he meant he'd like to make some and he said yes, he's taking home economics and wanted to try making strawberry pancakes, we detoured to food 4 less and I bought him a 1/2 pound , he asked me to slice them up, I did then SWMBO came into the kitchen and pretty much took over, he's helping more than cooking but always wants to help or try something

Kenjay's father came by last night and took him overnight, he's been taking Kenjay out for the days every two or three weeks, this is the first overnight and I hope it's O.K. ~ his father has been in rehab for five years .

My Sweet says she thinks Kenjay's mother might be back with his father, we'll see how it goes .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better