Thread: Foster Children
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 08:26 AM
Diesel Dandy

Post A Cold & Wet Morning

Good to hear she's doing well .

I remember being destructive when I was very young, not entirely mindlessly so as then as now I'm always interested in what makes things tick .

You're right about the early deaths, I'm amazed I made it out alive and not punked .

Some of them I'm able to reach, it takes a lot of patience .

Children naturally seek limits and when no one cares they'll go wild and can become very dangerous .

Right now it's a thing with the alt right to brag about having no empathy .

I am ever so lucky that some took the time to try and set me straight occasionally way back when .

In a neighborhood not too far from mine there was an old raggedy brick building that was a corner store, they used it in lots of movies but the owners didn't take any kind of care of it, one of those places where originally the shopkeeper lived in the second floor, no glass in the upstairs windows, I have no idea how they managed to keep a city permit .

It caught fire and that was that ~ the city refused repair permits so after a time it was torn down for the bricks, sat empty a while then was made into a community garden, for a couple years I'd see desultory working going on then that too was abandoned, last week I noticed new signs on the fencing, Habitat For Humanity will be building their little houses soon I guess .

People need places to live, I just wish some sort of after care would be provided, either keep it clean or you can't stay there, basics like that .

There's a real darth of foster homes out here now .

I did then what I knew how to do ~ now that I know better I do better