View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Question Engine Missing problems

Hi everyone!

I just signed up to the forum and this is my first posting. Hope y'all can help!

On my 94 C280, which I bought just two months ago, I am having some intermittent engine missing problems. I think they may be related to the wiring harness, maybe. The car has 100K miles, and it looks new all over, but I have no maintenance records from 70k to now. For prior history I just have the MB service book.

Basically, this has happened on two ocassions once yesterday, once the day before: After driving for about one hour in rainy conditions, the engine starts to miss badly, both at hi speed/rpm and at low/idle. It didn't completely die when at a stop light, but it sure felt like it was going to. When accelerating from a stop it was very sluggish. It did make it home, though. This morning it ran fine all during my 80 mile commute to work. I just hope the problem does not reappear before I can look into it this weekend...

I haven't started to troubleshoot it yet, but I will start by checking spark plugs and wires. After that, what would you suggest?

Thanks in Advance!!!
85 C300CDT, 128k miles, daily driver
94 C280, 200k miles, daughter's
90 BMW 325iS, 218k miles, FOR SALE
99 Suburban LT, 99k miles, wife's and 5 kids
78 F150 XLT Lariat, 35k miles, farm truck