View Single Post
Old 06-19-2003, 05:13 PM
mbdoc mbdoc is offline
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Tucker, Ga USA
Posts: 12,153
Most 1997 & later cars have OBVR (on-board vapor recovery) systems. IF your filler has a metal insert with an o-ring where the gas nozzle goes into the neck then you car has that system.
If you have a "plastic" door in the filler neck then your car doesn't have OBVR.
OBVR systems have had some problems with filling the tank & should be looked at by an expert!
MERCEDES Benz Master Guild Technician (6 TIMES)
ASE Master Technician
Mercedes Benz Star Technician (2 times)
44 years foreign automotive repair
27 Years M.B. Shop foreman (dealer)
MB technical information Specialist (15 years)
190E 2.3 16V ITS SCCA race car (sold)
1986 190E 2.3 16V 2.5 (sold)
Retired Moderator
Reply With Quote