Thread: Foster Children
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 10:59 AM
E300d 1995

vwnate1

If you lived closer, I'd invite you over for a breakfast or dinner.

Recently told myself I was going to spend quite a bit of the few years I have left
' thanking ' the few good people I know and meet for being the way they are.

Too me, there are too many ' aholeys ', most days I feel like I'm surrounded by them and really appreciate the few people that go out of their way to ' genuinely ' care and help and not show an attitude while doing so.

Recently invited the dental hygienist I've used for over 20 years down for a weekend stay at a lakefront cabin we have access to. She's always been very professional, thorough, and pleasant. We were able to share a couple of meals with her and her male partner. Turned out to be a really pleasant time. Hoping to make that happen a few times more.

Got the idea of doing that after trying to get the local newspaper or the Texas Roadhouse to ' honor ' an exceptional real estate attorney that had consistently shown
the same high character. Regrettably she died a year ago from cancer.

Newspaper said they wouldn't because it would be ' favoritism', never heard back from the local Texas Roadhouse. I was hoping they would do a ' monthly ' honor meal for nominated ' good people ' and put a photo plaque on the wall for a while.