Thread: Amber Foglights
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Spo123

Talking CORRECT

Maxwell,

Your 123 series Mercedes has a headlight system that ONLY ALLOWS the fog or driving lights to function when your primary headlights are in the LOW BEAM mode.

Too bad, as I have a similar vehicle. When switching on the high beams, the fog lamps go OFF.

When driving in thick fog and or rain, the added intensity of the combined light output would actually ENHANCE the GLARE effect.

At least this is my understanding of the FACTORY design. There are some websites out there that can "ENLIGHTEN" you as to HOW to engage ALL of your headlamps AT THE SAME TIME.

As for the clear lens lamps, these would be DRIVING lights and as such would be better in ADDITION to the high beams.

Anyway, when I first needed to replace one of the LENSES of the fog lamps, I was pleasantly surprised to find the REPLACEABLE lamp inside.

When I travel thru the junkyard circut, I try to stock up on replacement lenses. As a result, I now have installed one yellow and the other (passanger side) clear. This is a functional set up.

I would never pay morfe than $20 for a single lens........sometimes the greedy bas-ards want as much as $50 EACH...........Then I walk away.

See 'ya..........Spo.