View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnate1 View Post
Well ;

The 1st. video clearly has an irregular miss so I'd run / drive it until fully warmed up then look at the inside of the oil filler cap and in the coolant surge tank ~ it'll either be mixed oil & water or not .

I hope this isn't a cracked head, what part # is it ? .
The first vid was right after it fired up for the first time in months, and you're right it definitely sounded clunky. It's a #20 head with rebuilt injectors and new firad nozzles. I just put the head on a few months ago, drove the car for about 6 hours, and the transmission started giving me grief so I parked it in the garage.

Upon further investigation, the liquid spitting out my tailpipe seems more like sooty water that ran thru the exhaust, and not oil...

I did have the crossover intake pipe open over the winter months, so some moisture must have gotten inside the turbo (leaky garage roof). I've ran the car a bit longer up to temp, revving it a bit, and it no longer spits any nasty fluids. I've driven it around the block five or six times, and the motor runs great now. Seems like I may have freaked out more than I should have... Haha

I've checked the oil and coolant after running the car for approx 20mins around town, and I see no signs of crossover between the two.

I'm going to assume I had overreacted initially, and the motor isn't toast.

Now to diagnose the surging transmission that had trouble shifting. Should I start with a transmission filter/gasket rebuild kit? The trans is currently leaking a little bit from what seems to be the pan gasket, but I'll have to bring up my jack and stands to investigate further