View Single Post
Old 06-30-2003, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JimSmith
The Warden,

On my daughter's 1982 240D I noticed once when she was home from college for a weekend a few years ago that the car was really pretty dead. I popped the hood and began checking things out and I found the assembly kind of suspended from the valve cover has a joint where the connection from the pedal is already turned into rotational motion through some links that was very loose. It has two prongs that used to fit into a rubber disc bonded to the part that is "with" the linkage suspended from the valve cover. The rubber was gone and the clearance around the prongs was about twice the thickness of the prongs. This used up about half the pedal travel before the linkage suspended from the valve cover began to move the connection to the injection pump.

I have not been able to find a new part, ...
If you get me a picture of this I will check the car I am going to pull a few parts from and see if it has the same one on it. I was reading some time back about this issue of the bad rubber and when I was last at the junker they caught my eye and suprised me that for such a poorly maintained car those rubberized links looked in good shape.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels