View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 06:54 AM
LarryBible

OKAY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go read the thread I started shortly after my disaster.

Covering the intake snout on other engines may very well work but it didn't on mine and don't expect it to work on any other 616 or 617. Been there, done that!!!!

There is plenty enough fuel in the pump to run the engine at high RPM to destroy the engine. Pinching the fuel line will do nothing.

Go back and read what I said in the first post of this thread. When the shut off is not hooked up internally the governor runs away and the stop lever is INEFFECTIVE. I cut my hand pretty bad from yanking around on the linkage so hard. THAT'S WHY I SAID TO SEE THAT THE STOP LEVER WORKS WHEN APPLYING VACUUM TO THE PUMP.

Folks I have been there and done that. I posted my experience at the expense of SERIOUS PERSONAL EMBARRASSMENT in the hopes that it would prevent someone else from destroying their engine. So, if you don't want want to listen to me then don't.

I don't remember the name of the thread, but if you will read it you will understand what you need to know to prevent this from happening to you.

Unless you've been in the situation and lost a recently rebuilt engine that you put your all into, then don't second guess my warnings without knowing what the H$LL you're talking about!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day,