View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 09:37 AM

First off (and quite late at that),thank you to all that responded with ideas on this situation.I drove it back (hood partially opened) at 12:30 in the morning and brout it to our Volvo mechanic who sent me over to a radiator shop.It seems the plastic top of the radiator cracked on the sign (hairline) so it was not creating pressure to cool off the engine (odd I really did not notice any steam coming out from it-probably not pressured?)so new radiator installed with fluid -200 bucks.Drove the car it has not budged of the 80 degree mark.Also informed me to replace the major hoses because they are all original (20 years old yikes).So with this in mind as well as knowing I will not blow it up back over to Enrique it goes hoping I did not screw the motor up ( since now I notice when I come to a stop engine feels like it rocks and wants to stall-but when in motion-IT MOVES)

Question?-This 1983 (tranny done about 20K ago currently at 258K) feels like it has more power (especially in passing-push down in pedal and wroommm) and gets little better mileage with more diesel attributes than my 1985 with California emission.does anyone else notice the same or is something wrong with it.Also do these (1983) have any emission systems? Just curious.Thank you