View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 02:01 PM
justinbowser

Y'all might be stuck with me... 75 450SE

Hey,

Bro-in-law stopped by this afternoon to pick up my wife for a trip to MO. I showed him what I have found in the engine, showed him the Mercedes Data Card which proved it was the original engine, and needless to say he is quite pi$$ed at his neighbor.

The bad news is that he has backed off his earlier willingness to buy back the car but I guess the good news is that he said he would find another running engine (that we could verify it's condition) and be willing to split the cost with me. I hate seeing this good, straight, no-rust body body go to the junkyard so I'll probably take him up on it. Hopefully the city's "code gestapo" won't look into my backyard for a while and make me "prove" to them that it's NOT a junker.

BTW, I borrowed a friends Snap-On precision straightedge and measured about .012 warp in the head I have off. I'm wanting to think I've read someplace that .005 is about the limit. Any comments? The only spec I could find in the Merc manual was for a freshly milled/new head.

More to come, someday...

Justin B.