View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 03:59 PM
rebootit

This is not a fuse in the fuse box. It's an inline bar type that is in it's own little tiny black box mounted to the firewall. All it's for is the GP's. Seems to me exclusive to only the 77-81 model of 123 240d models. At least when picking the bone yard that is what it looked like. Just got finished running an ohm test across the whole set of 4 and came up 2.4 which is right on target. Each plug was running around .58 to .63 and none tested at zero so no dead short. At this point I suspect either the bar fuse was the wrong size or the relay is faulty and somehow is kicking on and off while the car is running but not lightning up the relay light. Car starts fine with no miss or stumble, also no smoke, well no more than you would expect from the 240d when cold.
One screw was not as tight as I thought it should have been in that fuse block either so it may have been my fault and a weak connection. If it blows the dealer fuse which was much thicker than what was in the bone yard box then I am going to have to suspect the relay.