View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 10:22 PM

I have a 97 E420 with the Bose system. If you don't have the Bose system, YMMV.

My car only had speakers in 6 locations. The ones at the top of the doors are fake. The front door speakers are co-axial. The deck speakers are the "subs". I didn't remove the rear door speakers, so I don't know what's there.

The door speakers are removed by taking the door panel off. I think there's a thread in the tech forum that covers the how to's. There is no seperate cover for the door speakers.

I don't know if there is a procedure for the deck speakers. The covers will pry off, but the speakers are larger than the opening, and the foam surround makes it difficult to turn the speaker to angle it out.

I'm not sure, but I think the Bose speakers were 2 ohms.

I don't know of any exact fit replacements, but I know MB Quart makes (or used to) speaker sets geared to specific cars.

In my car I put a set of Boston Acoustics 6.53 three ways up front. 6 1/2 speakers replaced the door speakers, 4 inchers went in the dash, replacing the cell phone speakers, and the tweeters were installed in the A pillars.

If you search this forum, you should find some other posts regarding W210 sound systems.

[89 300TE]
[97 E420]
91 300 CE
95 E320 T