View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Statman

Edge,

Again, the disclaimer is that this is how it is set up on my 94 E420. Sounds like I have the same # of speakers as you do.

On my app, I bypassed the amps by pulling the plugs from the amps. 1 amp is for the left speakers and one is for the right speakers. Test out your car by pulling out one plug to see if 1 side (channel) goes out.

On my car, the left front and left door speakers are tied together. All 3 rear speakers (on one side) are tied together.

Thus on each amp, there are 2 pairs of inputs (+ and -) and 2 outputs that need to be jumped.

I actually bought a harness at meijers and used that... but it was a bit messy.

If you want to use the factory amps, I think that you can cut wire #6 on each amp (that should be power) and then tie them both to the "REMOTE ON" wire from the alpine harness. If you just keep the amps plugged in as is (without bypass and without running wire fron "remote on"), then the amps will only power on when the antenna goes up (which is AM or FM mode).

By the way, there is a Radio Schematic on the service CDs. That's where I got all of the info I sent you on the spreadsheet.

BTW... just installed the BergWerks keyless entry system on my car. Had a couple of issues initially, but the folks at bergwerks got me through it just fine.

Next Project... change buzzer to chime!!