View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Down to the Wear Bars

Quote:
I didn't know you use #7.
Afshin/Paul:

I have been using the #9/#7/Gold Class combo since I joined the forum, as described in Lee's detailing FAQs in the DIY section. #7 is a pain to work with until you get the technique down (Small amount of product applied, remove it 2 or 3 times!). Lately I have added the #20 polymer sealent after the #7, before the gold class, with about a days wait between these two steps. Actually, I usually wash and clay one day, prep/de-swirl the second, polish on the third day, Polymer on the 4th, and gold class on the 5th day, then spend the 6th day on the interior (The 7th day is Miller Time). The waits are mostly because it is hard for me to find more than a couple hours/day to spend on the finish, but I also seem to recall Mequiar's recommending a wait between the Polymer and Gold Class steps.

One thing I have noticed: Since I have started adding the polymer step on the car that spends all the time outside (White Celica GTS), bird mess and tree sap problems are a lot easier to clean up, and paint stains seem to have been diminished considerably.

2003 Firemist Red/grey leather SL 500
2015 Palladium Silver/black mbtex GLK 350
1987 Smoke Silver/burgundy mbtex 300E Sportline (SOLD)

Click to see 87 300E