View Single Post
Old 07-10-2003, 11:20 PM

Question E500 Euro Headlights: Clear me up

Okay guys, here’s the deal. I have looked all up and down the forum and I am STILL confused. Help me out.

I have a 1994 E420 with the US Spec (DOT) Bosch headlights. These of course have H4 low/high headlights, and H3 fog lights.

I am looking for E-code, E500 Bosch headlights. I want the E500 headlights because, as you all know, they have driving lights in place of the fog lights. I do not want the E500 DOT headlights.

I also understand that many people are using E-code Hella lights. From what I have gathered, the E-code Hellas are only marginally better than the DOT Bosch units. I am of course only referring to the 1994-1995 style lights. I do not know if the people using the E-code Hellas have the fog lights or driving lights.

If you care to know, the reason I am bent on E-code E500 lights is because my plan is to install HID lights. Since this would prevent me from having high beams in the main light, I plan on doing a little rewiring and ultimately turning the driving lights into my high beams.

SO, I guess what I am really trying to get at is…

1) Does anybody have picts of E-code, E500 Bosch leadlights for the 1994 and up cars?
2) Where can I buy them…PUMA maybe? I assume they have to be special ordered.