View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 12:46 AM

No need to be confused>

PUMA will sell you the real deal Hella E500 Made in Germany e-codes.

Appears you have read the threads on this subject- - unless one has actual lumen output in Bosch vs. Hella e-codes, and light disperson mapping.....they will in therory (both) comply with Euro specs. (and both will outperform DOT E500 Bosch units).

imho- the Hella e-codes are NOT marginally better vs. DOT e500 Bosch
>....simply the e-codes offer a different lighting standard based upon euro spec (which are (++) different vs. a DOT lighting spec)

I have not idea where to get Bosch E500 lighting, however Hella e500 lights are available from PUMA. Depending on PUMA's stock on the Hella e500 lights- - you may or may not have to special order.

fwiw- not very many N America retail sources offer OE or OEM manufacture E500 e-codes

for pics of e500 euros, take a look at Dean's need to speed sight- I believe there are honest to goodness euro e500 cars to take a gander at (which will have factory installed and supplied e-codes)

from what I understand, installing HID to a non-HID headlight unit will present challenges: IE proper lense focus, proper bulb positioning, proper adjustment/ active leveling (per DOT regs)

...although an hid set-up can most likely be installed absent those details- whatever floats your boat

hope this helps
-fad