View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Down to the Wear Bars

Quote:
So the hella units are not that bad eh?
FWIW, the first set of E code euro lights I had on my 87 300E came from a 'real' European grey market MB that was being parted out. The Headlights had the MB star and part numbers molded into the plastic, along with the manufacturer's name - Hella! The Hellas were installed at the factory by MB, so they must have met MB's design criterea.

The second set of E codes I installed were Hella 500E E codes from Puma (The first ones were vandalized on my car ). I have been happy with them, and with the service from Puma. They have trhe driving light in place of the fog lamp - much more focused and longer range than the high beams, so if you plan on using them in place of the high beams, you may find times when low beams aren't enough, and the driving lights are too much. I am running Phillips Vision plus +50 bulbs from PowerBulbs, and they have more light output and 'whiter' light than other H4 halogens. If I were spending money on the HIDs, I might be inclined to use them only on the driving lights, but they are really already sufficient for my purposes. I am not likely to 'out-drive these units as they are now, and can't imagine the effect of an HID capsule in them!

A pic is available in my signature, below.

2003 Firemist Red/grey leather SL 500
2015 Palladium Silver/black mbtex GLK 350
1987 Smoke Silver/burgundy mbtex 300E Sportline (SOLD)

Click to see 87 300E

Last edited by JCE; 07-11-2003 at 10:27 AM.