View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Neil450

I broke the tab off of my visor about three years ago. Super glue didn't work.
After a year of searching, I found that the only option was to buy the entire visor. Then, of course, you'd have to buy both to insure a color match. Performance Products sells the receiver pieces that go into the top windshield rail.
Finally, I took the broken tab off completely and I used a spring clip from an office store (Staples, Office Max, etc.), you know one of those old fashioned looking black clips that come in different sizes with the two shiny silver tabs that you squeeze together to open the clip. Then I took a piece of wood approximately the size of the broken tab and shaped it like the end of the tab that pushed into the receiver above the windshield ( I did this by using my bench grinder). After I checked to make sure the piece fit snugly into the receiver, I painted it black.
After the paint dried, I pushed the wood piece into the receiver above the windshield. Then, I put the spring clip over the exposed rod in the visor (where the tab used to be) and attached it to the wood piece in the receiver. I was then able to remove the two shiny silver tabs from the spring clip by squeezing the tab ends together. I keep these two tabs in the ashtray in case I need them.
This sounds more difficult than it is. Actually, It took me longer to write this than it did to do the job.