View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Mack

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxr
Second, the 1994/95 USA DOT lights really are pretty decent. The Euros are a little better, but it's not a huge difference. A 94/95 USA DOT is MUCH better than a 86-93 USA DOT. And all Euro lights are a billion times better (approximately) compared to the awful 9004-bulb 86-93 lights (which Mercedes should be embarassed to have ever installed in the first place.)
Would the best low buck approach to improving the 86 to 93 USA DOT lamps, be a conversion to a used set of 94/95 USA DOT. I assume you loose the wiper/washers? And if I put off the relays until I have time to do it right, how much wattage could I safely run on the high beam filament? I would think 60/80's or even 80/80's wouldn't melt/fry connectors? And I can always use these in bikes latter on .

How time intensive is the relay install, whats involved? I would love to improve the headlights ASAP, but I'm short on time until Sept, when I also plan to pull the dash, change out all the pods, vacum lines, add some wiring, and a permanent V1 installation, among other things. Now if I could just get a manual climate control!