here's my $0.02
1) Read & Understand the Owner's Manual
2) Get into the habit of routine checking of: tire pressure, oil level, coolant level, trans oil level and other fluids.
3) Get a good TP gauge.
3) Keep track of the MPG
4) Don't go to any place with "Jiffy" "Qwick" or "Speedy" in their names for oil changes. No automatic car washes.
5) Check the service intervals for those easily forgotten items, like the differential fluid, grease for the sunroof.
6) Get under the car, either on jackstands or on a lift, at least once a year to check the bushings, links, flex discs and all other suspension parts.
7) Same for belts, tensioners, battery, fuses and relays.