View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 02:56 PM

hello

i bought my first one 72 350sl on ebay for 8800.00. had 107k. (you won't believe this) from.....a little old lady. she owned it but one of the mechanics where she got her work done sold it to another guy who i actually paid the $$ to. flew to fla gave them the 8800$ and the lady turn the title over to batman and robin. i grabbed the keys and drove out. deal was a bit ?? but the car is near perfect.

lolady and her husband bought it new in so. calif. when they retired they moved it to w. pb fla. the husband died she decided to sell. she must have loved her mechanic cause seems like there is nothing that is not new on this vehicle.

it probably was only luck. anyway turn the car north and drove like 1500 miles to north west indiana. now the only thing wrong was it was missing the "fasten seat belt " sign. just the little cover. but as luck would have it i met a person on this forum would sent me the cover he just took off. car is completely whole again.

the reason i bought it was. 1972 was the year my wife & i married. and of course i couldn't afford it then. it was my wife's favorite car. and it had the original hubs w/out any dings.

one thing how the person views the car. me it's our special go for a short rid on sunday car. some use them as daily drivers they put less value on the car. me i use my 87 for my work car and my 88 (completely redone/reworked/and tlc'd) as my customer car.

but i would say this if it just a daily i would look for the best deal say 4500 - 6k if i wanted a keeper i'd say the lines are about 8k - 14k but i would want the car to be absolutely complete.
good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Need info on worth of 72 350SL-350sl-5a.jpg  

1972 350sl Red/Blk 117k
1988 420sel charcoal/Blk 140k
1987 420sel gold/tan 128k
See My Cars at:http://mysite.verizon.net/res0aytj/index.html

Pound it to fit then Paint it to match!

There is only First Place and Varying degrees of last!

Old age and deceit will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm every time!

Putting the square peg in the round hole is not hard... IF you do it fast enough!

Old enough to know better but stupid enough to do it anyway!